Registration is now open! We are excited to be heading in to a new scout year and can't wait for old and new friends to join us.
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
- Fall Camping Trip is happening Oct. 1st & 2nd. We will be meeting the 39th Cypress Scouts from New Orleans!
- The majority of our meetings will take place outside in nature areas this year. Make sure you have good outdoor and rain gear!
- Uniforms should be available at our next meeting, Oct. 16th, for those who have placed orders.
- New scouts will receive their neckerchief at their Investiture which should take place in November.
- Our BTC, which is an adult training weekend, will take place Oct. 22nd & 23rd.
- Our service theme for this year is, "A scout is a friend to those in need."
We had a wonderful Scout year in 2015/2016. Our service theme was "A Scout is a friend to animals."
We did so many exciting things as a group. In the 2015/16 year, we:
- kayaked Leake County Water Park
- camped as an Otter group and a Timberwolf group
- walked Cypress Swamp
- built bat houses for our flying mammalian friends
- attended a firefly lecture at Clinton Nature Center
- went on a sunset hike
- had a great Field Day at Mayes Lake
- hosted a pot luck at Mayes Lake
- had an amazing time at Merit Creek, jumping right in the waterfalls
- participated in the Great Backyard Bird Count
- visited with and learned from the president of the Mississippi Audubon Society
- biked the Natchez Trace
- were photographed by Portico magazine for their issue on Scouting
- nature journaled at the Flowood Nature Park
- had a great fundraiser with support from Saltine and Lagunitas Brewing Co.
- flew kites at Kite Day at Reservoir Overlook Park on the Natchez Trace
- had a special Chipmunk trip to the Pumpkin Patch
- collected supplies for Animal Rescue Fund (ARF)
It was a wonderful year and we can't wait to get started again in the Fall!